JW Validate is a tool to spot potential errors, issues and mistakes in the Finale document. It runs on Finale 25 and above.
- Make sure to save the document before running a test on it.
- Select only a couple of tests at a time, unless you have a very small document. Getting a huge list of potential issues often takes longer time to manage.
- Use the Options dialog box to uncheck tests that you aren’t interested in, or tests that result in lots of false positives.
- Some tests only make sense in certain scope. For example, tonality needs to be checked for scores only, while page layout needs to be checked for parts as well.
- An issue marked as “error” doesn’t necessarily mean an error, if the “issue” is intentional.
- If Run only Safe Tests is turned OFF in the options, make sure to not switch to any other program on the computer during the scan.
- Use View HTML to view all currently reported issues in your web browser. The tables in that view will also display the details side-by-side with the issue.
- Don’t replace a machine scan with a manual check of the material. Use it as an additional tool.