A Finale plug-in that will create a new piece automatically at beginning of the selection.
The indentation is based on the FIRST system of each part or score, rather than using the Page Format for Score/Parts > First Staff System margins settings. (The reason for this is to keep a better layout flexibility between different parts.)
TIP: If you need to change the indent for a document with multiple pieces, make the indent adjustments to the first system in each part. Then mark the whole document and run Fix Indent (JW Start New Piece) once, which will correct all indents in all parts/score.
The plug-in will do the following when starting a new piece:
- Adjust the system/measure layout both for the score and all parts
- Indent system at the new piece start (based on the FIRST staff system in each part or score)
- Break a new system (in the measure attributes)
- Split measure number regions at the start of the new piece (and start at 1 again)
- Break multi-measure rests
- Break word extensions at new piece
- Hide cautionary clef/key/time sig changes
- Show full names at the start of new piece
- Set final barline style for the previous piece
- Push system layouts downwards at system splits
- Show time and key sigs at the start of the new piece
- Break multimeasure rests, if necessary
If the system/measure layout changes later on (which would destroy the system indentation of the new piece), select the affected region (or the whole document) and chose Fix Indent (JW Start New Piece).
There are no reviews yet.